CAT 2019 is just 20 days away now. The Common Admission Test or CAT, the entrance exam held for admission to premier Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and some of other prestigious B-schools in the country will be held on November 24. According to IIM Kozhikode, the officiating institute of the CAT 2019, approximately 2.44 lakh students are set to take the exam, which is considered one of the toughest admission tests in the world.
With CAT exam is fast approaching, irrespective of the preparation, students are bound to be anxious.
Here’s what Dr. Easwar Krishna Iyer, Senior Associate Professor (Marketing) and Director Admissions, Great Lakes Institute of Management, proposes on the things each candidates should keep in their mind while taking the CAT exam:
Before the exam:
– Start your preparation early on. Ensure that you have ample time to prepare for all the subject matters.
– Plan your timetable systematically and allot ample time for revisions and doubts.
– Take a few mock/sample tests to understand the pattern well and time yourself.
– Take nice breaks (ideally 15 min breaks) once in every 2 hours. A good warm shower, nice music, a racy workout or a power nap is recommended during these breaks.
– Do not stay way beyond your comfort zone bedtime.
On the day of the exam:
– Get good sleep. Do not stay up late or wake up early. A well-rested body and mind will help you in taking the exam better.
– Ensure your CAT hall tickets and ID proofs are in place, well in advance. Last minute hassle will only cause more chaos